Maybe you’ve had a bad experience with a previous physician when you asked a question in the past. Or maybe you’re just afraid to speak up because you feel like you shouldn’t question your doctor. Whatever the case, we want you to feel in control of your health when you come to Patient Care Now Urgent Care.
We invite our patients to become advocates for their own health. After all, who knows your body best but you? Our compassionate physicians appreciate a dialogue between patient and doctor, so you never have to feel anxious about asking our experienced doctors your burning medical questions.
In fact, here are some questions we suggest you ask while you’re here to help us ensure you receive the highest quality medical care:
- What is my diagnosis? What about my prognosis – how soon should I expect to feel better?
- How will my condition affect my work or quality of life?
- Is there anything I can do to prevent it from worsening or happening again?
- Is this the same treatment you would choose for yourself or your child?
- Have you treated others with this same condition?
- Why do I need this medication? Are there side effects to it?
- When are antibiotics necessary?
- Are there any contraindications? Will this new medicine interact with my other meds?
- How and when will I get my test results?
- Do I really need this treatment or can I take the wait-and-see approach?
- I Googled my symptoms, and this is what it came up with. What do you think? Is there a good source for trusted medical advice?
- Do I need to follow up with you, and if so, when?
- Will you receive test results from my specialist and collaborate with them?
- Will weight loss help my condition improve?
- What’s your best advice for getting and staying healthy?
We hope this list will help you feel empowered and ready to take control of your health. If you have further questions or want to schedule an appointment, please give our Fairless Hills office a call at (267) 202-6433.
What medical question do you have that we can answer for you?